Hello and thank you for your interest in writing for Asbury Insider! We are looking for submissions in the following categories:
- Personal stories: Essays or feature articles on topics related to Asbury Park. We’re looking for really good stories, new angles, unique arguments, or something you think more people should know about.
- Art: Asbury Park has a lot of art, including both public and private spaces.
- Community: Especially if your community isn’t represented.
School, sports, youth events, etc.
- History: There are a lot of stories here. Help us tell them!
- Lifestyle: Interior design & decorating, fashion, pets, etc.
- Restaurants: Opinions, reviews, etc.
- Interviews: There are so many interesting people in our little city. We’re looking for interviews with local characters.
- Music: Opinions, reviews, etc.
- Real estate: Development or redevelopment projects. Market info. etc.
- Photo essays: Submit your photos!
We are not looking for:
- Call-out posts
- Academic papers
- Why [x] is [problematic]
We are especially interested in submissions from:
- People of color
- Members of the LGBTQIA community
- People who are under-represented in other local publications
Payment: We are an independent publication with a tight budget, but we’re committed to paying all our writers, although we recognize that it’s not as much as we’d like to or as much as you deserve. Usually this falls within the $20-$50 range. *Compensation based on experience and editing required. We do not pay for event submissions, but you are still welcome to let us know about your event that you want to promote. If you go to an event and write a review of it, that’s a different story.