From the City of Asbury Park, NJ.
As food insecurity continues to be a major concern, Asbury Park continues to respond. The Asbury Park Police Department is holding a Food Drive today, May 9th, in the City’s Municipal Parking lot on Main Street and Bangs Avenue between the hours of 12 pm and 2 pm.
If you are an Asbury Park resident, or local to the area, or perhaps you just love Asbury Park and want to support this awesome community, APPD is requesting donations for today’s food drive to replenish local AP food pantries. It’s not too late to donate to this very important cause.
Please note: no perishable foods or glass containers can be accepted. Also, please be sure to check the expiration dates before donating. The following items are best suited for donations.
- Canned Foods, (vegetables, beans, tuna, chicken, fruit)
- Pasta, Pasta Sauces, Rice, Cereals, Pancake Mix, Crackers, Soups, Instant Potatoes, Mac & Cheese
- Coffee, Tea, Powdered Creamer, Powdered Milk, Boxed Milk, Powdered Juices, Boxed Juices, Water
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, Healthy Snacks, (individual packaging is best) Sealed loafs of bread
- Diapers, Baby Wipes, Hand Soap, Dish Soap, Laundry Detergent, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfecting Wipes, Paper goods
Drop off Donations:
Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 12 pm – 2 pm, enter City Hall parking lot using the Bangs Avenue entrance, (across from the Post Office). Pull up to the donation table and drop off your donation, then continue around the flag pole back toward Bangs Avenue. Once you pull away, a Police Officer will pick up the food donation and load it into a police vehicle. Food will then be transported to local Asbury Park Food Pantries.
The Asbury Park Police Department thanks you in advance for your much needed donations.
*The above information was provided by the City of Asbury Park, NJ via Instagram.